Monday 23 September 2013

Review: Primark Beauty *£1 Lipsticks*

The other week I did a little shopping at Primark and came across the beauty section I hadn't realised that Primark did beauty products until a few hauls popped up in my sub box. So I thought what the hell when I'm there I will pick up a few pieces and see what the quality is like.

I have to say for the price I am pretty impressed with some of the products and well some not so much but for the price its not a huge waste.

So lets start out with their lipsticks. I picked up the only 3 colours that I could find in my store which was a super super light pink which later I realised has actually had its coloured bleached my what I assume the store lights, a bright magenta colour and then a more deep pink colour. I have really been trying to expand my lip colours for fall and branch out into something I wouldn't normally wear. well with these only being £1 a piece I thought it was a perfect opportunity to try some new things out.


I dont think you can see it that well but the very top of the lipstick is a few shades lighter than the original lipstick colour.

Here are some swatches they unfortunately don't have any colour names just a jumble of numbers.

and on the lips...
Super Light Pink *Not a good look*

The Magenta

The Deep Pink
Before I start talking about the colours I will say I am pretty impressed with the quality of these for the price! They are super creamy and I find the darkest of the 3 did have some pretty amazing staying power I didn't test the first two so I am not 100% on those. If you are looking to try different lipstick colours but don't want to spend a to much money I would really recommend just trying these out and if they aren't your cup of tea its only £1 wasted instead on £6 - £10 from the drugstore.

Now onto the colours as you can see the light pink not so pretty on the lips it kinda makes me look dead and even with my super light skin tone its just not a good look. I don't know if it will look any better if I can get past the bleach out part of the lipstick if the original colour will look any better. The Magenta colour I think is probably my fave out of them all its a lovely bright pink that's pretty pigmented and still holds a glossy finish. I think it will probably be my most used out of the 3. The last one although is pretty similar to the magenta it is actually pretty sheer although really does hold its colour once applied.

So for the lipstick I give them a thumbs up very impressed :)

Keep an eye out for my next review on Primark Beauty with some eye products!!


post signature 
 XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I love the second lip sample.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete