Friday 14 June 2013

Colorado Strong ❤

This is going to be a little bit different from my regular posts on here but this is something that is very close to my heart.

Depending on where you are from in the world you might of heard about whats going on in Colorado Springs right now you or you might not have but here is a little information on whats going on and why it is so close to me.

Some may know that for the last 4 years I have considered Colorado Springs my home it is the only place I am truly happy and right now it is being taken over by fires! Last year something very similar happened with the Waldo Canyon fire (The most destructive in CO history) that burned for nearly a month last June - July and covered 18,247 acres, it was devastating I flew in just after the main part of the fire but it was still burning on threw the time I was there.
I knew of people in the Mountain Shadow Neighborhood that lost homes.

Image Credit: Wikipedia

I was lucky to be apart of the event to raise money for those that had lost their homes and its so sad to see that it is happening all again with the Black Forest Fire only a few short weeks from the years anniversary from Waldo Canyon.

The Black Forest Fire started on June 11th and has already covered 15,700 acres killed 2 people and destroyed 379 homes as of yesterday. My sisters family have been evacuated luckily as far as we know their home is still in one piece and hasn't been damaged yet.

* All photos taken from the KKTV News Facebook page

If you are in the area I hope that you are safe and that your homes are undamaged from this and if they unfortunately have I am deeply sorry and hope that something will be held for the families like they did last year ❤

Stay safe guys and thank you so much to the firefighters out there fight this fire and I pray that it doesn't go on for much longer. ❤

post signature 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment